About Reclaim Hosting
Reclaim Hosting is a higher ed web hosting company focused on providing institutions, educators, and students with flexible web hosting space and intentional community support. Founded in 2013, Reclaim Hosting set out to make web hosting tools easy to work with in a classroom setting. In short, this means we want to empower the academic community to have an authentic and personal relationship with the technology they use. Fast forward almost 10 years later, we’re continuing to drive that mission by creating a niche support hub and learning community for curious minds and creative tinkerers, whether they have a background in Instructional Design, advanced IT Support, or somewhere in between.
Visit our website or head to our Careers page for more information about our mission and core values.
Title: Customer Support Specialist
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Shift: TBD based on candidate, may include nights and weekends
Salary: $60k to 70k
Work Location: Fully Remote; must reside in the United States.
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Customer Support Specialist to join our team. As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be at the forefront of ensuring our customers’ technical needs are met promptly and effectively. You’ll play a vital role in maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction through exceptional support, efficient issue resolution, and continuous improvement of our services in a highly collaborative environment across our Sales, Support, Instructional Technology and Infrastructure teams. Our ideal candidate exhibits a working style characterized by adaptability, collaboration, and a strong commitment to achieving both individual and team goals.
This position should be highly motivated to learn about new technologies, stay on top of industry trends, and constantly on the lookout for ways to better themselves and their team. This role will provide opportunities to expand skills in container-based infrastructure, software/security improvements, cPanel administration, customer support, and more.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive customer support requests, assess issue type and group assignment, and appropriately document information about the problem in Zendesk tickets
- Assist Higher Ed Project Administrators on support inquiries within defined Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines
- Troubleshoot advanced technical issues alongside the Reclaim Hosting support team and respond with timely, accurate, and friendly responses to customer inquiries
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team via internal Work Requests to troubleshoot escalated issues and notify customers when an incident is resolved or request fulfilled
- Monitor server activity and report outages as appropriate to internal team and public announcement channels
- Troubleshoot and train on common cPanel functions and popular, open-source applications like WordPress, Omeka, and Drupal
- Troubleshoot and sharpen skills in Reclaim Hosting’s container-based infrastructure, Reclaim Cloud, Docker, and other 1-click application installers running thereon
- Contribute to writing and reviewing internal and public documentation articles for Reclaim Hosting’s Support Knowledge Base
- Bachelor’s degree, technical certifications, or equivalent relevant experience supported by resume
- 2+ years of customer support/service experience and knowledge of best practices
- 2+ years of professional experience with cPanel and applications like WordPress, Drupal, or Omeka
- 2+ years of experience with Docker and container-based web hosting
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following: WHMCS, WHM, DNS Troubleshooting, FTP, Apache, and/or PHP and other scripting languages
- Extensive knowledge in TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS and how the Internet works
- Experience working with Zendesk Ticketing software and Google Workspace
- Experience working with Higher Ed faculty, staff, and students
- Comfortable working with people, and must be able to resolve and translate both technical and non-technical concepts to new learners.
- Able to take ownership of issues and ensure timely and thorough resolution of issues to the customers satisfaction
- Exceptional attitude, punctual, responsive, and able to deal with uncertainty in an extremely high-paced, virtual environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills. Not afraid to ask questions, share ideas, or collaborate with others
- Strong interest in learning new technology and applications.
Reclaim Hosting is highly focused on creating a welcoming and healthy company culture that all of our team members can enjoy and benefit from. We want Reclaim to be a space where good work is acknowledged, and where folks have the room and flexibility to learn & grow. All full time employees receive:
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, company holidays, and other protected absences
- Health Insurance (medical, vision, dental) & Life Insurance
- Retirement: 401K with 3% Employer Matching Contributions
- $500/year in Professional Development Funds to put towards learning materials, courses, trainings, events, etc.
- Flexibility to work entirely from home.
- “Getting Started” funds for your home office, including a company laptop.
- 10% rent/mortgage reimbursement after one year of employment.
- Ability to grow within an evolving company.